Lansdowne is just a perfect destination to relax and unwind from our hectic routine. The roads from Kotdwar to Lansdowne are awesome, loved driving on them surrounded by deodar and pine trees. – Paras Sood
Surrounded by the awe inspiring Himalayas and the naturally blessed Uttaranchal Hills, Jaiharikhal (just 4 kms from Lansdowne) is the ideal place to relax, unwind and rejuvenate.
Appealing to anyone trying to get away from the crowded city, Lansdowne is most beloved to eco-tourists and nature worshippers who come down here to be off the beaten path. With many options for nature walks, hikes and drives Jaiharikhal (and nearby Lansdowne) provide a unique experience for its visitors.
What sets Lansdowne from other hill stations ‘discovered’ by the British in India is:
1. It’s quiet, less crowded, not over developed and relatively undiscovered
2. It’s much cleaner and well maintained because its management by the Garhwal Rifles Cantonment Board
3. It has become a melting pot of the Kumaoni, Garhwali and Marwari cultures, which exist here as an exemplary symbol of communal harmony
4. Has several excellent examples of British colonial architecture and military history that have been kept remarkably well preserved
5. Its also one of the closest hill stations for people travelling from or through Delhi
But Indiamike.com describes Lansdowne best here
Getting to Jaiharikhal (and Lansdowne from Delhi)
See the instructions and download the PDF Roadguide on the Contact Page.